Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Locked Up Mama Cow Escapes

So this is Mama Cow at 1 a.m. Nothing like trying to go to sleep and having the feeling that your boobs are going to either explode or turn into rocks! So here I am pumping away instead of sleeping. Thought I would try to write some thank you notes and be productive, but I can't find my stationary. Oh well, if you are waiting for a thank you note, sorry you will have to continue to wait.
Mama Cow did make one major break through this week. Ellie and I now have a walking route and are so glad to escape the house everyday for at least an hour, but usually more. I do feel like I have been a prisoner in my own home for the past five weeks. On Saturday I told Jim that I had to get out of the house or I would go crazy. He looked at me like I was crazy already and then sent me to the grocery store. Gee thanks! It was good to get out and so on Sunday I ran away to Target all by myself. Have no idea what I did for an hour and a half, but I felt much better when I returned. So now each days excitement involves walking to Spring Hill College to walk the campus.
I talked to my good friend Melanie today. It was great to have a conversation with someone other than my mother, my mother-in-law, or my hubbie...not that I don't enjoy talking to the later two each and every day, but a nice change of pace. I really miss my friends at school and can't wait to get back to B-ham for a visit! By the way, Melanie and Lelie, I am sure that rest time is almost over...Have you finished your progress monitoring? :)
Milking session complete! Off to bed...

Here some pictures we took today.

Deep thoughts by Ellie Hannahan


Look I can sit up all by myself...well not really, but looks impressive doesn't it?


Chubs!

2 comments:

amyandcarltonwatt said...

Hey Mama Cow! You are too funny! I know how you feel! I have had to "escape" a few days myself lately! I used to hate Walmart but I now even like to go there for a few hours! The new pics of her are cute! She looks so grown up!!

Lelie V. Wright said...

Love the updates. She is getting so big! Had all my conferences today! Miss you tons. Wish you were at school with me and Mel!!
Lelie