Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Family Visit


Ellie, Me, Goggie


Four generations named Elizabeth Dorsey.
Baba, Ellie, Me, Goggie


Baba and Grandchuck getting one last hug before heading home to Columbus.


We had a busy time last weekend. It started on Friday when my friend Libby, her mother Mary Pat and my pre-school teacher Tootie stopped by on Friday. They were in town for a wedding. We loved their visit!


Mary Pat, Jim, Ellie, Tootie, and Libby

On Saturday my grandmother, Goggie and my Aunt Shubie came down to visit us. Baba and Grandchuck were also in town for the wedding. It was so much fun to have them all here. It was great for Ellie to spend time with her Great Grandmother. We had four generations named Elizabeth Dorsey together. Goggie, who is 90, loved holding Ellie and talking to her. This won't surprise my family, but Goggie repeated the infamous saying, "Dorse, I wouldn't give a million for this." I told Goggie that she might have to up her ante and start making it a billion. Jim cooked us a wonderful meal Saturday night, crab cakes, which got rave reviews. I am amazed, and so appreciate, his talent for cooking!
Sunday we had everyone over for lunch. Jim's brother Robert and his family were able to join us too. It was a treat to have all 10 of us together and a great test for our renovations. It was sad to see everyone go, but we were exhausted by the time everyone left.


Goggie, Ellie, and Aunt Shubie


Ellie and her Great Grandmother.


Goggie and Ellie in deep conversation.


Grandchuck, Ellie, Me

1 comment:

Bragans said...

Dorsey, I can't believe you had all those people over at once! Wow!! I am so impressed, that would have stressed me out so bad. Props to Jim for preparing and cooking dinner for everyone! I miss you so much here! Daily I think about you and sweet Ellie! She is growing up so fast and she is adorable!!! We must talk soon!

Love

Joy