Thursday, October 23, 2008

Heading on a trip!

I am currently procrastinating because I don't want to pack. Jim, Ellie and I are headed to Columbus this afternoon to see my family. My sister Carter arrived last night and my brother Charlie, his wife Paige and their two kids, Mac and Wynn, are coming in tomorrow! I can't wait to see everyone! It will be fun for Ellie to meet her aunts, uncle, and cousins. We will also get to see some of my dear friends throughout the long weekend.
I can't wait to see how this trip goes. I feel like we need to take the whole house with us. Jim's advice was don't worry because whatever we forget, your mom will go out and buy it for Ellie. Scary, but true.
Here's a little update on what we have been up to recently. Last Saturday, my Aunt Peg and Uncle Jerry stopped by on their way back to Columbus from Baton Rouge. It was great to have a little visit with them. On Sunday we took a field trip to the hunting camp. Yes, six weeks old and Ellie has already been to the hunting camp! Jim was going bow hunting with his brother Robert and Ellie and I were invited to come along for the ride. She did great on the two hour car ride and we loved being outside. It was nice to get away from the normalcy of everyday happenings. On Monday my friend Sarah and her daughter Grayson came over from Orange Beach for a visit. We loved spending most of the day with them! Grayson and Ellie share the same birthday, but just six years apart. On Tuesday we found out that Jim's dad had fallen and broken his hip. We didn't know whether or not he would need surgery. He probably would not have enough energy and stamina to pull through the surgery and/or the recovery process. His health is not great, but at least he is at the hospital where he can be taken care of and rest comfortably. They have found a nursing home that will be able to take care of him and he will be moving there tomorrow afternoon.
The rest of the week has been spent with a fussy baby. She just got in a funk each afternoon/evening and has had two not so good nights sleeping. Maybe a big trip is what she needs to wear herself out. We are off for a walk! That's right, more procrastinating. I hate to pack! I'll post pictures when we get back from our trip.

4 comments:

Bragans said...

Be careful & enjoy the time & the help with Ellie. I must make a trip to see you sometime soon!

amyandcarltonwatt said...

Carlton had been trying to talk me into bringing John Turner to the camp! He went up this weekend to bow hunt and I told him if he cleaned the camp we would take him the weekend after Halloween. We will have to get together during hunting season and take pics of Ellie and JT in their camo! Do yall still hunt around CAmden?

Melanie said...

Have fun on your trip! Packing with little ones is a nightmare...you feel as if you need everything! And of course whatever you don't take is what you will need...oh well! He is right...Grandmothers will go and buy whatever you end up needing, thank goodness. :)

I can't wait to see pictures.

Christi said...

How did it go? We went South this weekend but not nearly as far as you guys went!