Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Ellie has made her debut!




Elizabeth Dorsey Hannahan was born on September 6th at 2:07 pm. She weighed 7 lbs. 2 oz. and measured 21 inches long. We both did well during the delivery and are so thankful to Dr. Max, all the nurses, and especially Jim's brother who gave me my epidural. Thank you to everyone who was thinking about us and praying for us. We enjoyed our stay in the hospital, but were thrilled to come home on Monday. It took us all day to make it home, but we are so glad to be at home!
We are settling in to our new life and quickly realizing that our precious baby is now ruling our household. I am so thankful to have Baba, my mom, here to help me this week. Thanks to Grandchuck, my dad, for letting her stay with us this week! I am tired, but feeling better every day. Last night was pretty rough and we are hoping that we all get some sleep tonight.
Here are some pictures of our little girl. My favorite is the one of her white spikey hair when she is sitting in her car seat when we were on our way home from the hospital.
Thank you for everyone's love and support during this special time in our lives!

2 comments:

amyandcarltonwatt said...

I am so happy for you and Jim! Ellie is sooooo cute!! I think she looks like you!I am so glad that you and Ellie are both doing well! The hair on that baby is so adorable!
I can't believe that this time next week I will have a baby of my own!! I can't wait!

Bragans said...

Dorsey, she is beautiful! OH, I want to hold her so bad and give her lots of kisses!!! I love her!!!! I hope you are taking care of your self and recovering nicely. I'd love to talk to you. I'll try to text you and see when it is good to talk. Rest, rest, rest! Miss you tons!!!