Monday, May 11, 2009

Ellie is not a ship!


Goggie and Ellie


We had Ellie baptized the other weekend. Just to clarify, she was not christened, you do that to ships. My bad, but good ole wise Grandchuck set us straight.

Ellie was baptized at Trinity Episcopal Church in Columbus. It is the church where my mom and dad were married, where I was baptized and where Jim and I were married. I am so glad we made this decision.

I was sitting in the pew during the service and it just felt right. It was ok that Ellie was babbling away and I was so happy to be surrounding by so many of our friends and families. It was truly a blessing!

Afterward we had a little get together at Baba and Grandchuck's. Jim and I decided to do the food ourselves. I would like to take some credit, but it truly was all Jim. He really is amazing in the kitchen! It was a wonderful day and I am so touched by all those who were able to join us on this special day for us. What a wonderful first Mother's Day for me!

All the pictures from the church are on my mom's camera so I will post those when I get a copy. Until then, here are some pics that I took.


Enjoying lunch on the front porch


Ellie and her precious Columbus friends!!!


Moms and babes

No comments: