Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Sleepless in Mobile

Last Friday we went to the doctor for Ellie's 2 month check up. Ellie weighs 10 lbs. 14 oz. but apparently she has a smallish head, about the 25th percentile, like it matters. The doc was trying to reassure us, but honestly neither of us really cared. I have a small head anyway and I think I turned out alright...well I guess that is still up for discussion.
Ellie had to get two shots and take an oral rotovirus vaccine. She did well, but screamed bloody murder when she got her shots and then had the worst pouty face. She was all out of sorts for the rest of the evening which wasn't fun.


On my way to the doctor

It was also Jim's birthday on Friday. We enjoyed just hanging out at home with the fussy Boo (that has become her in-house nickname, Ellie-Boo, Boo-Boo, Boo-Bear, Stinky-Boo, any variation will work). Jim got a new digital camera and enjoyed the carrot cake that Ellie and I managed to make so all in all we think daddy had a good birthday.


Ellie nd Jim on Daddy's birthday


Happy after singing the birthday song


This is what happens if you take too many pictures...

Deer in headlights!

Ellie was fussy all weekend and we think it was because of her vaccines. She has not been eating a lot and therefore she has not been sleeping well. Late nights are making for a tired and fussy momma! She seems to be feeling better today, but still not sleeping better. I am about to invest in a "raising babies for dummies" sort of book, so any suggestions are welcome! I need to find out the tricks of the trade to make a sleepier baby and Jim hopes it will help to make a happier wife/mother (me too!)
It is amazing how fussy one can get without sleep. It reminds me of college, but with less tests and less booze. The amazing part is, just when you hit a low point, something happens to make you feel like it is all going to be alright, a smile, a loud dirty diaper, a squeal. Mine was on Monday when I got a much needed surprise phone call from a friend (Thanks Stephanie!).
Here are some more recent pictures. Off to change yet another diaper...


So happy to get my diaper changed


Oops..too many pictures


New favorite place to hang out is on the kitchen counter


Why yes I am on a dish towel and I love it!

1 comment:

vhelp_library said...

I am loving the deer in headlights pictures... she looks just like you in some of your less photogenic moments! She is the cutest baby ever!!!!!