Monday, August 24, 2009

St. George Island









The Cousins - Mac, Ellie, and Wynn





We went to St. George Island last week to be with my mom, my brother, his wife and their two kids. Ellie had so much fun hanging out with her cousins Mac and Wynn. It was great to spend time with Charlie and Paige. We certainly do not see them enough, Mobile to Charleston is a long way!


Mac


Wynn


Ellie demonstrating her crab crawl

Ellie really liked the beach this go round. She played in the sand, loved crawling like a crab, and actually played in the water. She wasn't nearly as scared as she was when we went to the beach earlier in the summer. I have discovered one major problem that I am going to have to overcome as a mother, my fear of sharks. I have a ridiculous fear of sharks. I know it is ridiculous and I do not want Ellie to be scared of the water. I thought I could be brave for my little girl, but I didn't have too much success. I made Jim wade in the surf with me so he could look for sharks. I know it is totally dumb. Any advice for getting over this fear would be wonderful.



The cousins on the beach







Other than that, we had a wonderful time. Jim cooked gumbo and crab cakes. We drank margaritas and just hung out. It was a much needed vacation. It was good to get away from all the drama in Mobile, but more on that later.





Before we went to the beach I made Ellie and Wynn tutus. Holly Homemaker at her finest, ha ha ha. They were so cute and super easy! Thanks for the no sew tutu idea Christi!!!


Wynn in her tutu


Ellie in her tutu




Ellie and Wynn relaxing in the hammock.

In other news Ellie went to "school" for the first time last Tuesday. She did great! She is going to Ashland Place, a church down the street, twice a week from 9-1. I am so glad she will have a chance to be around some other children her age. I can already tell that she has an early birthday for her age group. I went to drop her off and they asked if she could sit up by herself. I responded with yes, in fact she can pull up on anything and is trying to walk. Next question, what is her bottle schedule? Well, she is using a sippy cup and only takes a bottle before bed. Then I took a closer look around the room and noticed that the other babies had been dropped off in their car seats and were perfectly content where they were. Maybe Ellie can teach them all to stand up. Ha, ha. When I returned they did mention looking into the possibility of moving her up with the next age group. Made me laugh!



Ellie on her first day of school.





Ellie and Mrs. Elizabeth
(please notice the baby in the teachers arms)

2 comments:

Christi said...

For some reason, I just saw this post! I love the tutus!!! You did a great job! I also love the "crab crawl"-- LOL!!!

Laura Matthews said...

The picture at the top of your blog is adorable! Glad y'all had a nice time vacationing. Update soon!